Plantronics claims that its new Voyager Focus UC makes it easy to stay focused and to hear and be heard in open, collaborative and remote workspaces.
A premium product for unified communications (UC) and multimedia applications, Voyager Focus UC was designed for enterprise workers in an open office or other loud environments, who want to eliminate background noise on calls or during focus time. Voyager Focus UC provides all day comfort and includes intuitive smart sensor technology, audio alerts, and wideband audio and hi-fi stereo sound for an outstanding calling/music experience.
“No one can dispute the positive impact a great audio experience has on effective communications and collaboration,” said Rich Costello, senior research analyst, IDC. “But audio experiences are increasingly being challenged, especially as traditional office environments expand to include workers in more remote and non-traditional, open-office environments that introduce more external noise factors.”
The Voyager Focus UC headset’s high-quality design provides superior audio on both sides of the call. The immersive on-the-ear design means that many high frequency noises like office sounds and voices are reduced in volume.
In order to reduce the noise that is transmitted and overheard by others, three precisely-tuned microphones and noise-cancelling algorithms reduce noise caused by keyboard clatter, close-talkers, and movement, while optimizing voice intelligibility. This means others hear the wearer’s voice, not their surroundings.
“We tried to think of every collaboration challenge and built a solution that solves for them. We created a premium design that will convey confidence and competence during a video call. We’ve used sensors and context to adapt the user experience to the wearing style and state so it just works as expected,” said Bill Loewenthal, vice president, enterprise solutions management, Plantronics.
“But our real innovation is in the audio performance. We adapted our best-of-breed microphone technology with improved algorithms to ensure clarity of the user’s voice, while suppressing background noises and tuning the audio listening profile to ensure that your favourite playlist sounds dynamic and impressive.”
Highlights of the new Voyager Focus UC include:
- Extended Bluetooth range: Class 1 Bluetooth with adaptive power delivers up to 150 feet of wireless range while preserving battery life.
- Worry-free mute assurance: Dynamic Mute Alert technology – an industry first – senses speech and then alerts that the mute function is still active. Additionally, the headset will automatically mute when a user takes it off and unmute when it’s put back on.
- Comfort and durability: Leatherette ear cushions wrapped around pillow-soft memory foam deliver all-day comfort, while a cushioned metal headband provides durability and helps maintain a comfortable, secure fit.
- On-board sensors: On-board sensors create an intuitive and “smart” user experience. Examples include answering a call by simply putting the headset on and pausing mobile audio when the headset is taken off and restarting it when replaced.
- UC-ready: Rigorous testing of the Voyager Focus UC with the predominant collaboration solutions from Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, and Huawei ensures the best possible experience when using these applications.
Pricing and availability
Voyager Focus UC will be available in Europe in September for £199. Find more information here
Government strike proposals “outdated” say CIPD Next Post:
KLM airline offers more intelligent answers online