Working as part of the Customer Experience leadership team, this role is all about supporting the Head of Customer Experience Centre and the department as a whole, in delivering an outstanding service to our customers. Through your collaboration with key stakeholders within the CEC and other functions, you will play a critical role in enabling the department to operate effectively and efficiently and is an engaging environment for our people to work in.
The primary focus of this role is to manage in-day capacity ensuring that we have the appropriate levels of resource in place to enable us to serve our customers. In addition, you will take a lead role optimising efficiency in the system and process, providing analysis and recommendations to CEC Leadership Team with the aim of improving value and cost. This role will also play a key part in supporting an environment of continuous growth for the CEC.
Through your strong leadership, organisational skills, business planning knowledge and a relentless focus on delivering outstanding levels of customer service and employee engagement, you and your team will make a significant contribution to the customer function enabling representatives to get this ‘right first time’, resulting in minimal customer effort and maximising customer satisfaction and ultimately enabling us to make a difference by solving people’s problems with real care.
Being a key contributor in the CEC leadership team is an important part of the role, supporting consistency and standards across the whole of customer function. Also, importantly making sure that the strategic operating plan is clear for your direct report team, so that robust plans and priorities are put in place to deliver our overall business performance and targets.
This is a broad and varied role supporting both the delivery of the business strategy and working operationally often in a deadline driven environment, also contributing to important projects and initiatives from time to time, including cross-functional work. You will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of resource allocation and supply, commercial control, process optimisation and project management, be a proven high performer with the ability to meet and exceed targets and have a track record of delivery and value creation. You will have the ability to influence a wide network of colleagues without direct line management control and have a very flexible and efficient communication style. You will act as a link between many support functions, namely Resource Planning, Digital, HR, Service Recovery and working through others at all levels of the organisation, you will build trusted relationships to achieve business goals.
We ask a lot from this role and it will be one of the most demanding and active roles in the function, particularly given the requirement to support the team across different geographical areas of the business. It’s also hugely rewarding and provides a high level of autonomy and empowerment to deliver outstanding business results through inspiring and motivating others.
• Through your extensive understanding of CEC technology, make recommendations to the CEC Leadership team of how new Technologies can add value and how existing technologies can be better utilised. Provide SME expertise, leading on identifying, owning and resolving CEC issues/incidents, whilst maintaining relationships and stakeholder engagement.
• In conjunction with the Planning and Resourcing team, you will be accountable for forecasting call demand and produce appropriate reports to demonstrate short, medium and long terms needs, whilst achieving the Abandoned Rate Target for the room, by skill, line and DoW.
• Feed into the development of CEC strategies and business plans (Medium Term, Short Term, RAFs), providing succinct and commercially oriented updates on project progress, and both regular and ad-hoc reporting as required by the Head of CEC or Customer and Digital Director.
• Through your proven ability to project manage key department wide initiatives, lead the design and implementation of key strategic projects into the CEC particularly new systems implementations and non-system projects such as incentives, behaviours / standards etc. As you represent the function on key strategic programmes and projects, you will use your influencing skills to persuade others to deliver on the function’s strategic objectives.
• In conjunction with the Head of CEC, you will use your experience in project management including budgeting, governance, analysis and reporting to develop and manage realistic but challenging budgets, customer service improvement plans and actions from employee engagement surveys.
• Analysis of data and detailed thinking will be required, often driving recommendations on spend/cost savings to be presented to senior management, influencing them to gain the required sign off.
• Optimising CEC Operational and Variable costs to ensure a target Cost per Activity is delivered
• Oversee day to day management of the AVAYA telephony platform to ensure that calls are routed effectively, and reports are produced as and when required.
• You will monitor, deliver and track service levels offered to internal and external customers and where appropriate, identify improvement opportunities and implement strategies and plans using best practice from other BUs and external companies that underpin & drive continuous improvements to service levels and customer satisfaction
• Ensure that the In-Day management of the CEC is carried out and that resourcing levels are correct by working to the short and long-term staffing models based on volume and call handle time.
• Work collaboratively with HR; specifically, the Recruitment team to maintain accurate recruitment plans linked to the forecasted needs. To create and implement the technical capability framework for the CEC including developing a training plan that ensures there are enough quality, trained staff in either the CEC, Concierge, DST and HO to deliver the level of performance as specified in operational KPI’s staff turnover targets.
• Working in partnership with the Head of CEC and HR, project manage CEC activity relating to communication (content and mechanisms, events, etc) to support the people agenda, including Learning & Development, People Engagement and Pulse activity, Reward & Recognition, Ambassador schemes.
• Be clear about what you expect by setting clear goals for your direct reports. Give them accountability. People generally respond well when they have this; task your people with developing specific, tangible plans that will deliver outstanding performance and support the broader business plans and business strategy.
• This role may involve taking on ambiguous tasks, which you will be able to embrace without the requirement for structure and process, delivering with clear and meaningful output in a style appropriate for the intended audience. You will be able to present work in a variety of formats such as presentation, face to face dialogue, video conference, to a wide range of stakeholders.
What is the scale of this role?
In day management, process re-engineering, learning & development and effective measurement within the Function.
Who are my key stakeholders?
• Head of Customer Experience Centre
• Customer Experience Centre and Service Recovery Teams
• Head of Customer Experience
• Head of Planning & Insight
• HR, Finance and Legal representatives
How will you know if I’m doing a good job?
When we’re looking at how our business is doing, we look at 3 areas; people, customer and shareholders and what progress we have been making in each of these:
We have a range of indicators to understand if we are making progress in each area. For you in your role the indicators could be things like:
- Customer – NPS, Right First Time, Keeping our Promise and TNC
- People – Monthly People Pulse, Annual Engagement survey, feedback loops such as leaver and new joiner surveys, Styles & Climate and 360 feed-back, retention/turnover, headcount, sickness absence and the number of internal moves and promotions
- Shareholders – Trading Profit/Contribution
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com